Why destroy yourself? Why die before your time?
Young Abraham heard these two questions when in deep despair and planning to end his life. He says “A voice told him “open the Bible and read it”. Not knowing the Bible he just opened it in the middle and read Ecclesiastes 7:16-18:
Do not be overly righteous, Nor be overly wise:
Why should you destroy yourself?
Do not be overly wicked, Nor be foolish:
Why should you die before your time?
It is good that you grasp this, And also not remove your hand from the other;
For he who fears God will escape them all.
Abraham felt these words pierce his heart and knelt to entrust his life into the hands of the God of the Bible. He soon followed God’s call to leave his home in Kerala, South India, and go to the dangerous far North India state of Bihar. That land was known as “The graveyard of missionaries”.
Since then, through many trials and challenges, Hope India Mission, under the leadership of Brother Abraham, has served the people of Bihar to help them know the same love of the Father. Hope India Mission has grown since 1984 to a strength of 25,000 believers in six states of North India.
Click to watch the video of Abraham’s testimony:
From this growth Hope India Mission has:
- planted over 1,750 house churches in cities and villages, with five major congregations that have church buildings.
- established five private Christian-based schools that annually trains 3,000 Muslim and Hindu students in grades 1 through 12.
- supported Grace Home, an orphanage that cares for 42 children in a loving home environment.
- offered comfort through the distribution of blankets, clothing, and food to hundreds of needy families.
- supplied pure drinking water to the thirsty through Our Safe Drinking Water Project.
There are many reasons to give in prayer and financial support to help Hope India Mission continue their vital work in North India.
Let the Lord pierce your heart to partner with Hope India Mission as they prevent precious men, women and children in North India from dying before their time, and instead provide life in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ through physical provisions, educational resources, and spiritual impact through God’s Holy Bible.